Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mr Wilson... J I 900.... Classic Balttimore HIP HOP! Pt. 1

As a  Rap Connoisseur, I pride myself  in having a quality archive of rap music that is pretty extensive. There are certain artists that I have in my arsenal of music and these people are so classic, Mr Wilson was 1 of the best hip hop artist I ever heard. Now days we hear alot of rap music an we forget about the origin of the art... What I mean is.. rap music has a certain sound.. whether dance... or chill... or gun rap.. there is a mood that it can put you in. This particular "Rapper" is not the usual. here is a lil bit...






To fans and peers in Baltimore music,   ....


Mr. Wilson,  was a charismatic rapper with the long-running group JI-900 and the organizer of countless concerts and events. .... his impact reached far beyond his modest fame, to the point that he didn't always receive full recognition for his achievements, such as when City Paper honored Hip Hop 101 in its 2006 Best of Baltimore issue but failed to credit the event's founder. "He was involved in more on behalf of the B-more hip-hop scene than most people realize, because he played the back and just grinded," says Pete "P-Funk" Lynch, a DJ who knew Wilson. "People who enjoy the scene and don't even know him will miss his influence and not even realize why.".... .. Part 2 Coming!

No comments: