Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Joe Budden.... None of you are the BEST!!!!

Wow this guy just banged out on them ... and no subliminals here! propsz to Nah right and XXL mag....This is from a very Recent Joe Budden Blog at XXL I have to agree with him on this... you tell me how you feel....



You’re Not the Best



Keep in mind, I don’t write nearly as many blogs as I would like to because I’m very to the point, very blunt and very straightforward. Also, because I’m an artist stuck in this shit hole we call hip hop, I try my best to be politically correct. But some things ladies and gentlemen, some things, just need to be spoken about. Young niggas nowadays seem to be able to say whatever it is they feel like saying, and if they say it enough, some idiots will actually dignify it and deem it as the truth. Just for the record, NONE OF YOU ARE THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE!!!!
For that matter, none of you are even top 10 alive. Where do people come up with these things? I have to think that the people who believe these ridiculous statements don’t have CD players or Ipods, and they’re just stuck listening to the radio. Are we hearing the same things? Nobody under 30 should be able to make that claim, not me, not Lil Wayne, not Fab, not Cass, not Papoose, not Sai, not T.I.P., not Jeezy, NONE OF US!


And don’t get it misconstrued, I love all of them and what they do, but certain shit just shouldn’t be tolerated. I get the whole thing about confidence and believing in yourself, but c’mon….I think people are confusing being hot with having a certain level of skill. That’s why you gotta love 50, he use to say without a care in the world “Nah, I’m not the greatest rapper, but I sell more records then them.” What could you possibly say in response to that? As badly as we wanted to, it was true. As long as Hov, Nas, Em, 3000, Face, Common, Black Thought, and a few folks I’m forgetting, are still around, just rap. More here

No comments: